Relax. I'm not handing out cars. I'm not a President. Not yet, anyway.
This is a very happy moment for me though. If I had cars (even toy ones) I'd hand them out because I'm all teary-eyed and sniffly.
I have been awarded with the Brilliante Weblog for the very first time, and I must say, friendly as the process may sound, I just about feel like winning American Idol (aren't you glad I didn't say Pakistani Sangeet Icon?) ...
So thank you, Mampi, for awarding me with the Brilliante Awards for, as she puts it,
For her simplicity, for the fire inside her that is wrapped up in tradition and yet is so effective.
Aww. High praise indeed. No matter how cynical we are, we can always find it in ourselves to blush a teeny tiny bit.
I would like to thank, on this auspicious occasion, the following:
- Blogspot. You sound funny (like something with a flu) but you've done a great service to humanity.
- My unreal capacity to write about almost anything.
- Farigh time. Really, if you want to write a blog, you need to be free enough to type it, hope that electricity doesn't go to hell as soon as you were about to hit publish and drive you insane.
- Worldcall Telecom. For working enough to help me blog. How many precious blog posts have been lost to their 'upgrading' I can only venture a ballpark: about a million.
- Ali, for leaving me alone enough to think. It's like Dad says to him, "Beta, you've never written anything in your life. Please try to leave alone someone who has."
- And to all my regular readers. Sitemeter loves you!
So the rules of this award are fairly simple and are as follows,
- The purpose of the prize is to promote as many blogs as possible in the blogosphere.
- When you receive the prize you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back.
- Choose a minimum of 7 blogs (or even more) that you find brilliant in their content or design.
- Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing they were prized with ‘Brilliante Weblog.’
- Show a picture of those who awarded you and those you give the prize (optional).
- And then we pass it on!
The seven blogs I award are:
Barooq, for being the next Borges or James Joyce. Whichever comes first.
Hira, for being the next Prime Minister for Pakistan.
Z, for being true to Microsoft. I don't know if it qualifies for an award, but loyalty is always praiseworthy in my book.
Hufsa, for her candid and life-is-wonderful kinda tone. You're a real sweetheart.
Saadat, for the topsy turvy and a very cool template.
1980, for writing things that hit home so very much sometimes. There's something very familiar-sounding about her writing.
Madnas, for her out-of-this-world skill with the pen.
So yahoo, everyone! Enjoy the afterparty!